Friday, July 6, 2012

I AIN'T TIRED, I'M HER MOTHER

Before I got married, before I had Hannah, I always complained that i was too tired or too busy, or i never had enough time to do everything. Now with Hannah in my life, the word 'tired' took on a whole new meaning.

As i am staying with my mil who takes care of my daughter, the duty of cooking, cleaning and groceries shopping is taken up voluntarily by me. Fortunately, mil do not mind to do the laundry for the whole family as i take care of the rest.

A typical weekday;

wake up at 5.50am, get ready for work.

7.30am, reach college and ebm before class start at 8am.

12.30pm do some paper work in the office, quick lunch and ebm again.

4.30pm finish class and go home.

5.30pm prepare dinner, in between breastfeed hannah and play with her.

7pm dinner is ready and so is hannah's porridge. Bring hannah out from the house and walk around the house compound. Teaching her to look out for birds, fish, cats, dogs and flowers.

7.30pm hannah's feeding time. Sometimes it can drag for one whole hour and i have to play barney dvd for her as i feed her.

8pm. Papa is home and we will have dinner together. Normally mah mah will eat her dinner early and goes for her line dancing class. Yeh yeh seldom eats at home.

8.30pm hannah will take her bath after i have cleaned up the kitchen and boil drinking water for the next day.

9pm dressing hannah nowadays is a chore and will take about 10 mins. After passing her to yeh yeh or papa, i will quickly take bath.

By 9.30pm hannah is ready for her bedtime nen nen. I will make a bottle for her before both of us settling down for our usual bedtime nursing.

10-11pm it depends on how tired hannah is. Sometimes she will fall asleep very fast, sometimes she will get up and play in the dark, rolling all over the bed and on me.

By the time Hannah falls asleep, i would be too tired to stay awake too. That is how i end my day.

No comments: