Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Helping Hand

It was 6.20 p.m. I was to get up soon from my nap. I was damn tired but I need to pack my bag to go back to PJ this evening. Suddenly there was this called from an unknown number. I picked it up and on the other end I heard a male voice asking,

“Ms Leong, this is Winson. Where are you living?”

I was thinking, ‘now this is my student, why does he need to know where I live? I can’t be possible inviting him over to my house to ask about his coursework at this hour. I am going home.’

Therefore I asked him in a curt manner, “Why do you need to know where I live?”

All I can hear at that moment was a string of incoherent babbling and suddenly he said he was involved in an accident and he was alone and he needed help.

I quickly promised him I would be there as soon as possible. I was worried. For him, and also for myself. I was unfamiliar with the place I need to go. And hell it was jammed and packed from end to end in KL in the evening.

I badly wanted to wake Choon up to accompany me, but I was afraid she would get mad at me for waking her up. So I went alone.I only reached there after 45 minutes stuck in the traffic jam.

When I reached the Setapak Police Station, I couldn’t see him. I parked my car beside the road and started walking. It was a bad idea to drive and get lost in KL at this hour. I finally found him.

He was still sitting in the car and could barely move. A few tow trucks operators appeared from nowhere, surrounding him and pestering him to sign some paper to allow them to tow away his car to their workshops. I fended them off, called an ambulance and sit in the car with winson. We waited for his brother to come all the way from Klang.

as we sat there waiting, we talked a lot of things. he showed me his gf photos. still in form four but has shown great potential to be a great beauty when she gets older. even in his pain, he still managed to ask me his coursework grade. i find that very amusing. i assured him that everything is alright.

Finally at 8.10pm, his brother came. But the ambulance never arrived because they missed us out. So winson’s brother carried him on his back and back to his car, which was quite a long distance. Great brother huh…

We sent him to the Hospital Kuala Lumpur, where winson was admitted. Finally I could breathe in relief. When I reached home I packed my bag to go back to pj and reached there around 11pm. It was an eventful night.

No comments: