Sunday, August 12, 2007

Our Home


Ky and I plan to get our house first before getting married. Our first home would probably be a small apartment as both of us need to save for our wedding as well. Size is not really a big problem here as we plan to keep our family small. Comfort is the priority and our home should have the feeling of spaciousness despite it size.

Ikea concept does appeal to many because of its ability to make use of small living spaces and also because its simple sleek designs is not only elegant but functional as well. Maybe we would start by picking up some ideas from there, and at the same time try to improvise along the way, as far as our creativity allows.

Every room in the house should be treated with equal importance. The furniture and decorations in the each room should not only look good, but should also have a purpose - most important is they should not be too difficult to clean ...

hmmm .... we have to do the cleaning ourselves as we can't afford a maid, and I don't want a stranger to live in our house either.

I don't know if ky will help with the house work in the future.but so far I am happy with him. He help with the dish-cleaning and he change the bedsheet and clean his room when I come. And .... one very important thing, he emptied the wastepaper basket in his room and all the dirty clothes are put in the laundry basket. .... ^-^

after i came back from Bill and Amy's house last week, I think we would probably get a house something like theirs too. Their place look nice enough for a newly wed couple. And they have a nice kitchen cabinet and fit-in wardrobes in their rooms too, left by the previous owner. i wonder if we would we lucky to get something like that too. it would be nice and we would have save a lot on our first house.

I hope to upload some pictures into my next blog, of how our future home would look like and also how much it would cost to furnish our house decently.

I wish i still have my camera with me ... sigh ... i forgot to save my rm1500 canon digital camera during the flood last year. i have to wait until i get a new one before i can upload more pictures.

No comments: