Friday, June 22, 2012

Mother's Pain

It was only 4 days after we celebrated ky's birthday. Hannah was supposed to arrive on the following friday on 5th August 2011. I remembered playfully asking ky if he wanted to have a baby as his birthday present, a daughter to share his birthday. He politely declined and said he would not mind waiting a little longer for the arrival of our little girl.

On Thursday morning, 28th July 2011, i was still going to the college as usual. I was getting very heavy and walking really slowly then as my pelvic bone was pressing on my nerve. I remembered trying to carry my backpack but after a few steps i had to leave it in my car as my pain near the pelvic bone become unbearable. I managed to finish all my classes on that day but it really tired me out. I told my DHT2 students that i would not be having class with them the next day as i wanted to take mc.

Fast forward, it was after dinner at night and my mil asked me to print out the confinement recipes that i have found online. I spent some time in front of the pc. By 11pm i felt pain at the lower region. The pain was similar to menstrual pain. When i was in the toilet, i saw blood. I asked my mil if that was normal? I have still one week to go. My mil asked me to go to bed and put up my legs on the pillow. However the pain become stronger and more frequent.

The contractions started and it came every five minute. It was already 1am when i went to take bath and washed my hair. I was afraid i would need to be admitted into hospital that very night itself. However, I did not wake ky because my water bag was not broken yet. I thought i can wait until the next morning before asking ky to sent me to the hospital. I bear with the pain alone throughout the night. My mil came out from her room and asked me to get some sleep. I would not sleep on the bed for fear of waking up ky as i had to get up every five minute and walked around the house to ease to pain. I spent the whole night sitting on a chair and dozed on and off between my contractions.

No comments: