Saturday, June 23, 2012

Welcoming Hannah - 29th July 2012

By 7am, i woke ky and told him i was ready to deliver. I had my bag packed and i was waiting. Mil came with us and i was truly grateful she was with me. Her strong nursing background has given me enormous comfort and security. But strangely, i was not scared, just apprehensive. I had watched a lot of videos on youtube and read up in preparation for the delivery.

We reached Selayang Hospital at 8am.(Why i chose Selayang Hospital? Hmmm... That is a story for next time). I was quickly admitted into the delivery ward. A quick check showed that i was already 5cm dilated. Wow ... I was so proud of myself. Must be due to the walking the whole night. I call my parents and gong gong picked up the phone. I said 'pa, i am in the hospital now. I am ready to deliver anytime'. He was surpised, and was lost for word. The he laughed and said 'wah.. Gong hei lei wor'. Hmmm ... What a strange response.

It was a long wait for Hannah. By 1pm my water bag has to be broken and my labour has to be induced because my cervical dilation did not increased. Since it was a government hospital, i was not offered epidural. However i was given an injection to ease my labour pains. Maybe i should not have taken it. It made me very sleepy and lost the strenght to push the baby out.

I was glad i did not give birth on 5th August as it was the start of the fasting month. I don't think the nurses and doctor would have so much patient to wait for me to deliver naturally. They were ready to go home and would be too eager to cut me up. But i was glad, really glad that Hannah finally made her appearance in the evening. The nurse held her up, all bloodied and red and very furious for being haul out from her warm home. 'ini anak perempuan ya. Nama emak leong poh yin ya'. I nodded feebly. Too exhausted and actually, i can't see very clearly without my glasses. And then she tagged my little daughter.


Hannah Leong Kar Yan
D.O.B 29 August 2011
Weight : 3.3kg

Hello world, allow me to present Ms Hannah Leong Kar Yan to you!!

No comments: